I recently bought some cute brass elephant charms, and for once, I knew exactly what I wanted to make with them.

  brass elephant charm blown glass bead handmade earrings red blue green photo 

 Of course, since making them, I've had 'Nellie the Elephant' playing on a loop in my head. For those of you who don't know/remember the song: Nellie the Elephant on Youtube A couple of (almost) interesting facts to do with the song:

 1. Bombay is now called Mumbai, but the savoury snack 'Bombay mix' has not changed its name.
 2. According to Wikipedia, the song can be used to teach people the rhythm of CPR as the tempo is right for giving the correct number of  chest compressions per minute.

 The song is a favourite of mine from my childhood, but I've never been fond of circuses, in particular, the fact that animals were used in them. So the coloured beads above the elephants aren't related to circuses at all - they're hot air balloons. A much more comforting, if slightly less realistic idea. :-)

Comments