Seaglass and sunshine

I've just returned from a much-needed holiday in Spain - I hope you missed me and no, I didn't bring you a present. Well, OK, this blog post is your present. Happy now? :-)

We stayed on the coast and were lucky enough to get fantastic weather, so we made a couple of trips to the beach, which was about 15 minutes walk from where we were staying. The beach was lovely and quiet, nice soft sand, but lots of pebbles too. We brought home a few interesting pebbles and shells. And I discovered it was a great source of sea glass too - there was tons of it! It would've been rude not to have picked up a few pieces (even the house we stayed at had a container full of pieces of seaglass, so I added a few from my haul to their collection).

The bit in the middle is massive - I think we could use it as a paperweight. :-)

We mostly saw dark green (beer bottles, perhaps? ;-) ) but we did get a few interesting colours in the mix.

It turns out that the Husbinator has a good eye for seaglass - look what else he found for me:
Awwww!

And I also picked up some gorgeous shells:
As you can probably tell, these pics were taken in Spain. I have some more shells which I'll photograph (if the sun ever comes back out here). 

And finally, here's a pic of the beach:
Sigh.

So, the plan is to make something from the seaglass. Probably jewellery. I've got a couple of ideas already, and have found a tutorial on drilling holes into the glass using my Dremel. 

Comments