Handmade Father's Day card

A couple of years ago I came up with the idea of making some felt plush sausages as a Father's Day card/gift for my Dad, and this year, I was struggling to think of a card idea that might match that one. Rather handily, my (slightly spoilt) Dad bought a new camera, and so inspiration came from that. Although, as always, the best ideas are *not* the simplest, but the fiddliest. After an hour or two of snipping tiny bits of card, colouring in, and glueing, I came up with a card that I thought he would like.

I think it turned out rather well, seeing as my 'magic' white ink pen disappeared and I was forced to be creative. The photo in the 'lens' is of me and my Dad taken on holiday in Llandudno. The photo was a bit faded, even after scanning in and trying to restore it via the scanner options. Still, it worked out OK and Dad was pleased with it, which is the main thing. :-)
Note to fellow photographers: Yes, I know that this card is not technically accurate. I am using a bit of the old artistic license here.

Comments