Vintage sewing items (aka A Load of Old Bobbins)

I recently got some sewing stuff from my Nan, who no longer does any sewing. I love looking at this kind of stuff, although it always reminds me that I should get myself a decent case for my own sewing supplies. Anyway, here are some of the treasures I found.

Thimbles, fasteners, buttons (yay!) and even some dressmakers chalk, which is worn nice and smooth:



Pins in an old cigarette case:
I Googled the name on the tin, and apparently a decent quality cigarette tin fetches about $15.


Instruments of torture! If you're a mattress....

Check out the fabby scrapbook paper - love it! It's from Making Memories, in the Vintage Findings set.


Lovely brass (maybe) thimble with the pin case again.


And finally, an arty shot of some old cotton reels which, for the sake of the poor pun in the title, I am referring to as bobbins:

Comments