Vintage buttons and earrings

I went to a flea market yesterday - I've not been to one before, and I wasn't sure what to expect. I could've gone mad and bought a load of gorgeous teacups and coloured glass, but we've nowhere to store/display it. Instead, I contented myself with buying some vintage buttons and some earrings. Here are some pics of my finds:

Yummy blue buttons

Shame there's only one of the smaller buttons, they'd be ideal for earrings.

Pink buttons in the same style. I love the cards they came on.

Purple buttons.

Deliciously blackcurranty.

I spotted these beauties on a stall where my mum was buying some nice rugs rather cheaply - they cost 50 cents. Not sure why there's a random non-matching button in the mix.
Pretty mother of pearl leaf clip earrings.

Rather nice brass filigree clip earrings. Both pairs may be made into something - possibly retro style sweater clips, using the tutorial I saw on the Dainty Squid blog.

Maybe I am channelling Emma Pilsbury...

Comments