Handmade jewellery from recycled clothing and buttons - part one

I've started to get into recycling more recently. Well, if you can count going 'oooooh! over some tiny buttons on a White Stuff tag as recycling:

Seriously, look how cute they are! They were just begging to be made into earrings, really.

Then the Husbinator and I decided to have a bit of a wardrobe clearout. We took several large bags of clothes to the second hand recycling bins today, but I salvaged a few items for craft purposes. I also had a few items which could no longer be worn, and I saved some bits from those too. I never realised how pretty the buttons were until I chopped them off the old blouse I was throwing away:

And I got this lace/crochet panel from the same blouse - no clue what I'm going to do with it, but it was too pretty to throw away:
And then the Husbinator showed me the pile of t-shirts he was throwing out, and again, I salvaged some. I've seen plenty of tutorials for recycling t-shirt fabric into jewellery or accessories, so I have Plans. And here is one of them:
In case you were wondering, it's a fabric flower brooch. 

Check out the almost neat felt circle I cut out. I am improving. :-D

There are a couple more items for my recycling show and tell, but I'll save them for another post later this week. "Always leave them wanting more" as the saying goes. Who said that? Anyone? Anyone?

Comments