Gorgeous glass lampwork beads

I have been wanting to buy some lampwork beads for a while, as I fancied making some earrings with them. I just happened to see a message on Twitter from the fantastic Carolyn of CeeGeeJewellery about being one sale away from 100 in her shop, EvaBeanBeads, and well, it was clearly fate. After some time spent drooling over the contents of her shop, I decided on these little beauties, which arrived yesterday:


Arty close up shot:
 Mmmmmmm....

And as if that weren't enough, I got a free gift for being the 100th sale in the shop:
Ooh, what's that I spy? Is it a matching pair of beads which would be ideal for a pair of earrings for me?

Why yes, it is! 

I also bought myself some more glass earlier in the week. Not beads, but from a bead shop at least:
It's a gorgeous blown glass heart. It's a couple of inches wide, so too big for jewellery. It will either go in a bowl, or be hung up on some nice ribbon. Which will have a very secure knot. We bought it at a rather nice bead shop in Ghent. It is full of lovely (but expensive) beady treasures. This is what the inside of the gift box says:
So on that note, I am off to use some of my new beads to make some jewellery. :-)

Comments