Upcycling old jewellery into new

I never know what the 'in' phrase is for this these days. Anyway, my lovely Mummy gave me some bits and pieces of old jewellery which she never wears, and I am planning to use it to make new pieces.

 The pearl earrings could be rings, or possibly centre pieces for broochs. The single stone earring (not sure if it's moonstone or labradorite) is very pretty - not sure what to do with that. And the two brooches are very pretty. I don't think I'll be taking them to pieces, but I might add to them a bit. I also have this choker necklace:


It's really pretty, the beads are lovely. I apologise for the photo, I'm not sure why I didn't bother to arrange it in a neater fashion. It's the ideal colour for the April challenge on the Operation Tackle that Bead Stash blog:



Finally, now that Mother's Day has passed (in the UK at least), I can show you the earrings I made for my Mum:


I love these 'cathedral' style beads, and turquoise is one of my favourite colours. I might be forced to make myself a pair of these, as well as some for my shop.

Comments