Peyote stitch bracelet - blue seed beads

I was reading the Operation Tackle That Bead Stash blog recently and I saw a short tutorial for peyote stitch. I have had a go at seed bead stuff before, I made myself a spiral stitch necklace (which I've never worn - huh). The tutorial looked so straightforward that I thought I'd give it a try, and here's the result:


The beads are a pretty shade of blue, with a hint of pinky-bronze inside. I've tried to look them up on the website I got them from, but they don't stock them any more. The clasp is made from a dinky pearl button I had in my stash.
You can see the thread more clearly here, but it's not bad for a first attempt. I only had white/clear thread in my stash - if I make more of these (and I probably will), I will invest in different coloured threads.

 And this is what the bracelet looks like on:

 Aside from that slightly iffy looking thread where the loop is attached, it looks rather nice. I quite like the button being the focus as well, so I can wear it either way round.


Once I got used to the stitch, after the first few rows it was quite relaxing to do. I have some yummy but tiny bright red seed beads that are begging to be made into something sparkly:

I don't know how fiddly peyote stitch would be with smaller beads though?

Comments