Otter charm necklace - handmade jewellery

....(aka Otterly Splendid)

I have recently been joining Crafterminds chats every Monday evening (they're US-based, so they take place lateish in the evening, but they're worth staying up for) and the last chat was all about SEO. There was a load of great information in the chat, and one of the 'takeaways' (ick, sorry, still in work mode) was to use search-friendly titles for blog posts, rather than cutesy ones. Regular readers of my blog will know I loves me a good pun (well, actually, a bad pun), so this goes against my natural inclination. But I will give it a go.



Anyway, I recently got my 'paws' *smirk* on some rather cute charms, and this weekend I decided to use one of them to make myself a simple necklace:

It's teeny tiny but super cute. That's the best pic I have at the moment, as for some reason, I teamed the otter with a disproportinately large crystal bead, which means the poor otter can't stand up straight. Then again, they spend a lot of time lounging about in the wild, so maybe I'm just being accurate. Yeah, that's it.
Maybe I should've made the necklace with two otter charms?  But seriously, look at the cute. My girlcat, Phoebe, gets called otter, because she sometimes looks like she has otter paws. Mind you, she also gets called BatBearCat as well. Moving swiftly on...

I've also made my Mum a little pressie as it's Mother's Day in the UK this coming weekend. However, as she has managed to find my blog before now, I'm not posting a pic - I don't want to spoil the surprise. Instead, here's a pic of some earrings I made this weekend.

Oh, and I have also recently been awarded not one but two blog awards. The first is a Stylish Blogger Award, and I was nominated by the lovely Claire from Les Bijoux de Claire. The second is a Versatile Blogger Award, and I received that nomination from the charming Jess of The Vintage Huntress. Thank you both for nominating me, I will blog more about these awards in the coming few days.

Comments