The magical mystery tour

Apologies for my absence, but as you can probably guess from the title of this post, I've been away. In fact, I was whisked, whisked away by the fabulous Husbinator for my birthday weekend. I didn't find out where I was going until a few hours before we were due to leave. I knew we were going away, but my guesses of Giraffeworld and MonkeyLegoLand were incorrect (although vastly amusing, in my opinion).

I won't keep you in suspense, dear reader (although if you're my friend on Facebook or Twitter, you'll already know) - we went to....

Ta dah dah DAH! That pic is taken from a 'scrapbook' which the Husb made for me - fair made me well up, it did. And in case you've never heard of Dublin:


Which is fair enough. :D So, now that we're all on the same page (geddit?), I will continue. Because, gentle reader, this is just the beginning of the excitementgiddification. We stayed in the Clarence Hotel, which is owned by *fanfare* Bono and the Edge! *squee* It was a really lovely hotel, very nice staff, good cocktails (more of that in a later post), and basically the ideal place to chill out in. I didn't spot Bono or the Edge waiting tables, but to be fair, we only had dinner there on one evening. :D

But wait: there's moar!

I know I've bored you all to tears with my worship of the Edge, but I have yet to drone on about my adoration of the lovely Anton du Beke, suave star of Strictly Come Dancing, and all round splendid chap. Well, anyway. It just so happens that he and his gorgeous dance partner, Erin Boag, were also in Dublin that weekend, with their show, Puttin' on the Ritz. Have you guessed yet? HAVE YOU? Because, oh yes, we had tickets to see their show. 8th row from the stage, baby! The show was fantastic - fabulous dancing, great singing, the band was great, and there was plenty of banter in between songs. Marvellous, as Anton would say. And....it gets better. Oh, how it gets better!

That's me! With Anton! Seriously, it's not Photoshopped! He and Erin were both SO lovely, took lots of time to speak to their fans, signing autographs and such. Anton is exactly as charming and funny as you'd expect, and Erin is just lovely, chatty, elegant, and so pretty too - it's just not fair! Not only did I get that photo, I also got this:

It was my birthday on Monday. And what a birthday present I got. I am a very lucky woman indeed. Thank you again to the wonderful husbinator, for making this a very special birthday indeed. x


I do have photos of Dublin, honest - I'll do another post about that later this week. :D

Comments