Playing with colour palettes

I am a big fan of colour. And I am also a big fan of Brandigirl's blog. She showcases colours in the most beautiful ways AND makes stunning jewellery. Seriously, her shop should carry a warning, you will want EVERYTHING in it.

Anyway, I fancied having a go at making a colour palette from a photo, so when I read that Brandi was doing another Colour Palette blog walk, I decided to try. Basically, you need to take a photo of something that inspires you, and make a colour palette from it (Brandi even helpfully gives instructions on how to make on on her blog). Simple, eh? Well, it should be. Except...well, what inspires me? Flowers? Cake? Baby animals? It's a tricky one. So, while I am mulling it over, I decide to hone my colour palette skills on some of my Artfire favourites. So, here goes!

First up are some stunning lampwork earrings by GlassRiverJewelry. I think the colours are amazing.



Next is an art print from JessicaDoyle. Again, fabulous colours, but much more subtle than my first choice. Love it!


And now some more lampwork, this time from AlishaWhite. These glass discs are beautiful, and make my mouth water. Which probably isn't a good thing, really.




I did also have a go at one of my own photos - not something I made, just playing around with a photo from Dublin. And yes, I know, I was meant to write another post about our trip - it's coming, I promise.

It's a close-up of some graffiti on the 'U2 wall' in Windmill Lane. There's not much about U2 there at the moment, but there were some nice colourful bits to keep me happy.

I have to say, I thought Pinterest was the most addictive thing ever, but I think colour palettes could take the lead. They are a lot of fun to make, but be warned - once you pop, you can't stop! :D

Comments