A buttony new year to all!

Well, we're into 2011 and my obsession with buttons continues unabated. I bought some more buttons yesterday (I was actually quite restrained *proud*). Here they are mixed in with some old new buttons, and some old old buttons. :-)

I bought the leaf bowl yesterday too, but it's slightly too deep to show off the buttons properly. I shall have to fill it with something else instead. Ferrero Rocher, perhaps?

And I've just noticed that the blue buttons I bought are all upside down in that photo - doh! This is what they look like when they're not being shy, having been turned into earrings:

I made several pairs of earrings with buttons bought yesterday.

I started thinking, though - I have a lot of buttons, and it seems a shame to *only* make jewellery from them. So I decided to look around for inspiration, to see what else I could make using buttons. And there are a lot of fantastic ideas out there - here are just a few of my favourites.

This gorgeous tree uses not just buttons, but also an old cotton reel - double whammy!

Image by Kitsch&curious on Flickr

Another item added to my 'must-make list' are these gorgeous paper and button flowers by Itchin Stitchin:



Speaking of flowers, what about a beautiful button bouquet for a bride to be?

Image by lilfishstudios on Flickr

This felted bowl uses buttons as just the right amount of embellishment - perfect!


Image by thefuzzymonkey on Flickr

And while I love the idea of using buttons on cards, I don't think I could part with these:

Image from dailypoetic on Flickr

So, now I have plenty of inspiration for buttony makes this year. AND I've had the wonderful idea of creating a 'to make' list on my blog, so I can find my ideas and tutorials. If you have any fabulous ideas for buttony makes for me, please leave me a comment. Thanks!

Comments