Handmade Christmas goodies

I hope you all had a lovely Christmas. I did, it was nice and quiet, with lots of good food and lovely pressies. I was thoroughly spoilt and received so many lovely things. I took part in the Crafteroo Secret Santa and an ornament swap (which I organised), and here are some of the goodies I received from my swap partners.

First up, the ornament swap. My partner is Claire Hurd of Claire Hurd Designs. She makes gorgeous felt creations, and I was lucky enough to receive not one, but three beautiful items PLUS a pretty card (which is on display downstairs, so I don't have a photo at the moment). But look!
They are so beautifully made, such neat stitching. I love them, and am envious of Claire's sewing skills! I also received this dinky felt brooch:

It looks massive in that photo, but it's about 1.5 inches wide. It's made from lovely neutral shades of felt, with stitched detail. Gorgeous! Thank you so much, Claire!

I was also lucky with my Secret Santa partner - lookit all the pressies!

This gorgeous little bowl is crocheted then felted (I think) - it is soooo soft and such a pretty colour. It's ideal for storing jewellery in, which is exactly what I'll be using it for. But at the moment, it contains....buttons!

Yummy, yummy buttons! I am already planning what I will use them for. And there's more!

Amazing ceramic owl buttons in my favourite colours! I love them SO much. And there's still more....

It's a lovely soft flower brooch - so pretty. And even the gift tag is beautiful:


Love the fabric used - I may keep this to use as a bookmark!

I am so grateful to my Crafteroo Secret Santa, and to Claire, for making me such lovely things - thank you both! I'm feeling inspired to make things myself now.

Comments