Small things amuse small minds

Or so the saying goes. I've already mentioned my love of mini things on this blog, so it will be no surprise to you to discover that when I was beachcombing for shells on holiday recently and I spotted some teensy shells, I had to bring some home with me. Don't worry, I only brought a few back with me - there's a gazillion left on the beach for others to enjoy.



"But wait!", I hear you cry..."How can we be sure that those are mini shells, and not just regular shells photographed from a distance?" Behold - the magic of The Ruler!



That really is rather small. :D

Also rather small is....*drumroll*...the aubergine which appeared on my (dwarf) plant while I was away.




I didn't have my ruler in the garden with me, so I did my best to show scale...


See? It's roughly the same size as a normal house key. Bless!

And just in case you're having trouble imagining the size of the shells, or even the auberginette, here's a handy video clip to help you out:

Comments