Craft fair in Den Bosch

I went to a creative fair in Den Bosch this weekend. Den Bosch (short for 's-Hertogenbosch, which translates as 'the Duke's forest') is a beautiful city, it's one of my favourites - full of beautiful buildings, interesting little shops and you can take a canal boat trip through the city.


The craft fair was in the more industrial part of the city, but I was pleasantly surprised at how many different crafts were represented there. Quilting, flower arranging, cake decorating, lampwork beads (there were workshops available, but I didn't trust myself not to get addicted to yet another craft), scrapbooking and card crafts (there was a whole other fair on just for scrapbooking - man, I bet that place was Brad Central :D), felting, and of course.....beads. I will save pics of the things I've already made from the beads I bought for a future blog post, and instead, show off some other purchases I made, namely fabric. Yes, going along to a craft fair with a quilting enthusiast friend means you will buy cute fabric for projects you never knew you wanted to start.

These are some fabric squares I picked up quite cheaply from a lovely stall at the fair:



I've just realised that there are bees on three of the fabrics - huh. And these fabrics I bought at a 'quilterij', which is Dutch for 'Oh my goodness, have you seen all the gorgeous fabrics, quick, hide your pin card!'. Or something. Anyway, these are all fat quarters.

Owls! At night! So....why are some of them sleeping? Who cares, the pattern is cute!




I love giraffes. In fact, I love most animals. But I can't resist grumpy or expressionless faces on animals (see also: Miffy It doesn't matter what Miffy is doing, she always looks the same, she's always, like, totally, whatever.). If you do not love the look on this lion's face, then there is something fundamentally wrong with you. WRONG.



Oh, and that's not a poop in the top right hand corner of the fabric, I think it's a turtle. Or maybe a giraffe nose. o_0 Yeah, OK, now I'm going to have to check to make sure. I'll finish writing the post first though.

Super cutesy birds and butterflies:



I have a sewing machine, and I'm not *that* afraid of using it. I found some ideas on Sew Mama Sew, so as soon as I can be bothered to clear my work table and set up my sewing machine, one of these pieces of fabric is going to be used to make something purty.

Comments