Alice in Wonderland craft swap - part one

I mentioned a while ago that I was taking part in the Alice in Wonderland craft swap, organised by Apryl from Meridian Ariel. Well, my swap partner received the goodies I sent her, so I can finally post pics of what I made for her.

First up is a random idea I had aaaages ago. A felt Mad Hatter's hat. And yes, I am aware that it doesn't look like that in either film, but my swap partner likes purple, so I used a bit of artistic license:



The hat is about 3 inches tall, just to give you an idea of fiddly-faffiness in making it. The eagle-eyed amongst you will notice that the top of the hat looks a bit odd...



Surprise! There's a necklace inside.

And here's a close-up of the necklace detail:



And then I had another idea for something to make. I fancied doing some embroidery and so....



I did want a black frame for it, but there were none to be had. I think it looks pretty good though. It's embroidered onto black felt (but of course).

And finally, the vital ingredients for a tea party - choccy and tea bags, all nicely wrapped up:


Of course, once I'd finished wrapping the second parcel, I spied a large roll of purple wrapping paper sitting in the corner of the room. I think the 'upcycled' (bleh) gardening magazine pages make rather nice wrapping paper though. And yes, I got to use the craft mangle to make the gift tags. All in all, not a bad job. And I thoroughly enjoyed making everything for it. Thanks to Apryl for organising it.

I got a 'we tried to deliver a parcel' card through the letterbox today, so I'm hoping my parcel will be here tomorrow. Wheeee!

Comments