Unseasonal craftings, a worthy cause and a present for me!

I am a member of the Europe Artfire Guild, who are a lovely group of ladies, and after a bit of chatting, we came up with the idea of a collaboration project. We threw a couple of ideas about, and eventually decided on a sort of diarama or Christmas scene. We are all contributing different things to the project, and when it is completed, it will be featured on our blog, and will be the prize in a giveaway. It's all very exciting, and it's a great prize. Anyway, here is my contribution to the project:


The sparkly thread was just for the photo, it will be decorated with fabulous things made by another member of the Guild.



The 2 Euro coin is only for scale, it's not part of my efforts. :D And here is the obligatory arty shot of the polymer clay lollies:



I thought that making these items might put me in the mood to make Christmassy stuff, but it really hasn't. Next things I make (once I've got a couple of felt commission out of the way) will be for the Crafteroo Folksy Children in Need shop. Please stop by and have a look, all the items are handmade by forum members, and there are some fabulous items already for sale, and the proceeds all go to Children in Need.

And finally, something I didn't make, but which was handmade by the very talented Jenny Karlsson. I saw this in her Artfire shop and had to have one:



It's a beautiful crocheted flower brooch, with tiny beads in the centre:



Gorgeous! I struggled to decide on a colour, and picked turquoise because it goes with more of my clothes. However, I bought a new jacket last week and turquoise doesn't go with it, so I will probably have to buy another brooch. Oh dear. ;-)

Comments

  1. I'm looking forward to seeing the finished Christmas project.

    Ali

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment