I maded a thing!

Well, a few things actually. The God of Crafts must finally be smiling on me. Or maybe it's just wind. Anyway, I got the polymer clay out last night (despite having a sinus headache brewing - I'm so brave) and I made the following items.





Both of the above are planned to be added to felt decoration...things. I may have at the bat with some sandpaper to see if I can get rid of that annoying nail mark which I only noticed once it came out of the oven. *sigh* Don't think I'll be glazing them though. I would also have made a ghost, but for some reason, the minute I touch white clay, it becomes covered in 'bits'. I've tried washing my hands, cleaning the work surface, everything, but it doesn't help. *weeps*




These lollies are for a collaboration project for the Europe Artfire Guild. I will sand the ends of the stick to make sure that they're safe. I plan to make some more of these as buttons for felty Christmas decs.



I saw a lovely project that used polymer clay roses in Make Jewellery magazine and decided to try making one. I think it turned out OK for a first attempt. The sparkles are much nicer in real life. The rose has a hole through the base, so I may make it into a necklace for myself. Hmm...yes.



Giant button! In downtown Tokyo! Run, run for your lives! Or something. It's not actually that big - just under 3cm across. It has the same sparkles as the rose, but they were rubbed into the clay more. Heh, claymore. I may make this into either a brooch, or a small cushion/dec for Christmas. Maybe.

Comments

  1. Ohh super cute! I recognize the white clay problem... how about you put on some thin rubber gloves?
    And I always clip my nails before working with clay! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like surgical gloves? That might work, thanks for the tip. I can't bring myself to cut my nails too much though, as I've just got them to a nice length. Maybe I will just avoid making ghosts. Or sheep. Or clouds. Or....or.... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. very cute! I love the pumpkin and lolly...
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab things! The lollies are really cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your rose is gorgeous and I love the Halloween decorations!

    Ali

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay!! Great to have you back crafting away!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that rose, and those lollies, my mouth is watering!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The rose is awesome. Not to say that the other things aren't, cos they are. Oh, I'm doing well with this comment. Tsk.

    Anyway, I hope your mojo is well and truly back. To stay.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love all those, but especially the pumpkin! Glad inspiration has returned.

    ReplyDelete
  10. yay! my craftiness have also returned lately and it is great! So yay for us :D and everyone else, of course.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ohh, lookit the pumpkin! I love him (or is it a her?) and the button is great too, looks just like a little smiley face!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment