Slightly soily Sunday

I have been quite busy over the last couple of days, and now I'm having a sit down with a cup of tea, I thought I'd better update my blog on what I've been making.

First of all, I got a Sizzix Big Shot last week, but was unable to find any decent dies in a local craft shop, so I ordered some online from the UK. They arrived on Friday, so yesterday I tried them out. I got a mixture of dies for cutting felt shapes, and also a tag set for making gift tags (obviously). I thought I might use the larger tag shape to make business cards to go with orders (there's positive thinking for you). I also got some texture plates for embossing, and picked some totally unseasonal ones which will get plenty of use in a few months time. Don't worry, I've not gone mad and started doing Christmas crafts in August. Here's a selection of the patterns anyway:



There are twelve patterns in all, including a nice star pattern which could be used all year round.

Mr B very kindly bought me some plastic organiser boxes (at my request) so I've just tidied a load of my bead stuff away into them. So now my usually much messier creative space looks like this:



You can see the boxes of beads and findings to the right, stacked on top of a cabinet full of...beads and findings. Err, yeah. Anyway, I still need storage ideas for loads of other craft stuff, so if you have any brilliant ideas, leave me a comment, please.

Finally, we decided to forage for veggies in the garden yesterday, and we found these:




The carrots are quite weeny, but they smelled divine when I pulled them out of the soil. I have thinned them out in the veg planter, so hopefully we'll have slightly larger carrots to come in a few weeks. They're not bad for the free seeds we got due to a Thompsons and Morgans error though.

The spuds are also quite dinky, but they were grown from spuds bought in the supermarket, planted inside an old compost bag. My mum said to put 3 spuds in each bag, but I think next time I'd only do two, to give them more room. There's another bag still going, so we're leaving them another few weeks.

Comments

  1. Oh yum those carrots will be so sweet !

    ReplyDelete
  2. What gorgeous wee tiny veggies! (if you don't mind me saying so).

    Love the patterns too, excellent!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment