Garden Swap

I received my Garden Swap goodies last week sometime, but I had my parents staying so couldn't take pics and get online until now. In case you missed my earlier mention of it, the Garden Swap was organised by Kerry of Pennydog Jewellery. The brief was to make something garden-related for your swap partner, and include some crafty goodies and an edible treat or two.My swap partner, Alix (of Big Blue Bed) loves to sew and knit, and confessed a love of the colour green, and a passion for daisies. So, here's what I made her:



It's a felt needle book. I've been itching to have a go at making one, and I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out (and how neat my stitching seems to be getting). Inside are some needles and cute green topped pins:



And I also made her a card:



The daisy was made using a tute from FutureGirl's craft blog, which I can heartily recommend. I also sent Alix some cute ribbon, some gorgeous green buttons and some yummy Fair Trade choccie (don't have pics, sorry). And what did I get in return? Feast your eyes!



OK, so it's not a great pic - it's hammering down with rain at the moment, so the light is rubbish. But, I got:

A dinky bag made from beautiful African fabric
A clever fabric folding gift box
Some pretty ribbon
A stick of Portsmouth rock, and
Possibly my favourite thing (if I'm allowed favourites) - some Dorset buttons!
I was so thrilled to get them, as I've been eyeing them up since I saw them on Alix's blog. They are so, so pretty, and she even managed to make one in a sunflower pattern. You can find out more about the Dorset buttons, and see more pics of the goodies Alix made for me on her blog. Looking at her photos, I've just realised that one of the buttons was still inside the little bag when I took the photo - doh!
Oh, and she sent me some scrummy shortbread which seems to have mysteriously vanished before I could take a photo of it. Hmmmm....

Anyway, a huge thank you to Alix for sending me all those gorgeous things, and a thank you to Kerry for organizing it.

Comments

  1. Thank you!
    I haven't taken photos yet due to bad weather/ essay writing. Plus I have eaten the delicious chocolate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah well, it wasn't meant to be decorative anyway. :-D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment