Felt marsupials and a zombie tuber vegetable

I have been asked to make a few things as commissions recently, which is great - if left to my own devices, I won't make anything for ages, due to extreme laziness and lack of motivation.

And I do love lasagne, although my favourite pasta dish is probably spaghetti carbonara. *wipes drool off keyboard* The latest commission to make a felt kangaroo required me to venture away from my usual, safe 2D felt items, into the realm of 3D. *gulp* I found a kangaroo on Flickr which I wanted to try to make, but the pattern was only available in a Japanese craft book, and the maker didn't say which one. So I had to look elsewhere. I ended up making my own pattern, and I think it's turned out OK.



It was quite fiddly to make on account of the tiny bits of felt needed, but overall, I am quite pleased with it. According to my good friend, Kats, I am too modest, and underestimate my talents. I remain unconvinced. :-D Anyway, the person who commissioned the item loves it, so that's a relief. Just have to figure out how to package Kanga up so she doesn't get squished in the post.

Slightly easier to post is something I made last night. Meet Nathan, the zombie potato.



Q. What variety of potato is most likely to become a zombie?
A. King Deadwards!

*tumbleweed*

Sooooo....anyway, Nathan is a bit of an outcast amongst his spuddy pals. They're not really worried that he's going to eat their brains on account of the fact that A) he doesn't have a mouth and B) they're tubers, they don't have brains. They don't even mind his unusual skin tone, although there have been rumours that his 'scar' was drawn on with felt tipped pen. Nathan ignores their comments, he knows his moment in the spotlight will come. He's just waiting for his big break - a starring role in "Dawn of the Vegetable Rack".


I probably need to get out more, don't I? o_O

Update: Nathan has been featured on the Geek Crafts blog - wheeeee!

Comments

  1. What fun, I'll be following your adventures in felt land

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do underestimate yourself. And I will keep saying it.

    I ADORE Nathan. Braaaaaaaaaaaaaaains!

    And the kangaroo is totally ace. As I may have mentioned before. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hilarious, I love the tater :-D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment