Leafy Friday

You know, I used to have several blogs for different subjects - gardening, crafts, personal stuff. Of course, eventually, I forgot to update them all, and seeing as I am just about managing to keep this one current, I may as well put my gardening stuff in here. Well, it is something I've created. Kinda. Look, stop complaining, do you want to see the nice plants or not? Well, alright then. :-D

My tiny greenhouse (that would make a great sitcom, wouldn't it? No? Fine, suit yourselves) is still going strong, although I still need another 'shelf solution', as it's standing room only. Mind you, some of the inhabitants will be booted out shortly. For example, the mixed salad leaves which are begging to be eaten this weekend:

Nom. Also looking quite tasty are the black basil seedlings (which really need to be thinned out and repotted this weekend):

Every time I see this plant, I get the tune 'Black Betty' in my head - that can't be good, can it? Moving swiftly on...the Courgette That Took Over The World:


So big it doesn't even fit in the frame - run, save yourselves! Seriously, these plants grow like mad - you can see changes to them from one day to the next. Shame the climbing courgette seeds I ordered didn't arrive yet. *sulks*

My sweetpeas are doing well too - they're in front of the greenhouse for now, but will end up on the patio next to the table so that I can smell their scent while I'm sitting reading - bliss!




And finally, meet Mr Blackbird, who insists on flapping about, trying to get at the fat block in the feeder, instead of sitting on top of it and pecking downwards - doh! Apologies for the poor pic, I didn't have a longer lens with me, and I couldn't get much closer.



Seriously dude, work smarter, not harder. You don't see Mrs Blackbird doing that, do you? No, that's right, she's too busy pulling up the moss from my lawn and then leaving it lying there because it's not quite the right shade of green for the nest. Tchuh. Oh, I've just realised, you can see the "Medbed" (yes, we gave it a nickname - we are *that* sad) to the left of the picture - olive tree, thyme, sage and rosemary, all waiting to soak up some sun. I hope they're patient plants.

Comments