Floral frenzy

As Kats was visiting us last week, we decided to pay a trip to the Keukenhof gardens in Lisse. The gardens are open for about 2 months each year, and people travel from all over the world to visit. And I'm not surprised, it's full of beautiful flowers - mostly tulips, but there are a variety of plants and flowers there. I snapped away merrily and took a fair few photos - here are some of my favourites.


This year, we had the satnav to guide us, and it brought us into the carpark via a different route. And look what we'd been missing out on - field upon field of tulips!



The whole place is a riot of colour - I get dizzy (and tired) just thinking about planting all these bulbs:





And this year, not only are there a gazillion flowers to ooh and aah over but...petting zoo! PETTING ZOO! And thankfully, it wasn't just for kids (although I'd have been through the gate regardless). There were ridiculously fluffy chickens, turkeys (in a petting zoo?), donkeys, lambs, goats (bless), a calf (picture below) and a fluffy baby llama. Which sat with its arms folded under it and calmly allowed itself to be hugged and stroked. I would post a pic but I didn't get the Hubster to sign a model release form yet. So you'll have to make do with this beautiful calf:



So, a fun day was had by all. It was uber busy, so we were out of there by 2pm - unfortunately we hit a load of traffic and had a nightmare journey back, which explains why I've been so lax with blogging.

No, I know it doesn't - just focus on the calf picture. :-D

Comments

  1. As beautiful as I remember it being years ago when my Dad was in the Canadian Armed Forces and we were posted in Germany. We had the opportunity to go to the gardens.

    Ali

    ReplyDelete
  2. That calf is so cute. Wonderful day and those are glorious pictures!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment