Earrings, a prototype necklace, and a rude-looking felt vegetable

My creativity seems to appear in fits and starts at the moment. I had the idea for a new felt *something*, but couldn't get around to sewing anything for a while. And then inspiration came from an unlikely place - a surprise shipment of seeds (there was a mix up with someone else's order, but I got to keep all the seeds - wheee!) So, let me introduce Barbara Butternut:



Due to the square dimensions of photos on Coriandr, she looks slightly phallic in the thumbnail pic, but who knows, maybe that will mean more visitors to my shop? :-D

Next, I bought some gorgeous polymer clay buttons from the lovely Gill of Hollingdale Designs a while ago, and have been waiting for supplies (and motivation) to make something with them. Today I finally got round to making a prototype:



It's not bad for a first go, I need to figure out a nice neatish way to make a loop at the back and then I'm in business. It looks slightly wonky in the picture, but it's not, it moved because of me holding the camera up to take the photo.

And finally, I made myself another couple of pairs of earrings:



The beads are gorgeous, they're green with hints of other colours - picasso beads, I think they're called.

I love these, which are lighter in real life than the photo:



I did some wrapped loops for them, and I'm pleased with how they turned out. I followed the tutorial on Daisychain Jewellery. I also love these tiny earring wires - just the right size for me.

Anyway, no more earrings for me at the moment, as I'm out of sterling headpins. Oops.

Comments

  1. Awww Barbara Butternut is so cute!! I love what you have done with my button!! Gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that button necklace it's really cute!
    The Jasper? Earrings with the greens in are gorgeous. Petite yet eyecatching.
    Nic xx
    p.s. Thanks for entering my blog giveaway :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment