Bank Holiday crafts

Another bit of cheating, as only one of the items was made today. Why am I telling you all my secrets? I am clearly far too honest. :-D Anyhoo, I suppose I should be thankful that I am actually taking time out of my busy schedule getting off my bum and blogging.

I made a birthday card for one of my best friends, but I don't know if she looks at my blog (if she doesn't, what kind of best pal is she, exactly? ;-)), so I won't post the pic until after her birthday.

*placeholder for fabulous birthday card*

I also made a birthday card for my mum, and I'm pretty sure she doesn't look at my blog (and if you are reading, Mum, sorry about any accidental *cough* swears I may have used on here):



And then I finally braved my bead stash to make something with the lucky cat beads I bought the other week. I can always tell when it's going to be a good craft day or not - see the last post for my earrings frenzy. However, this weekend was not so auspicious for beadery. I did try out a great tutorial on wrapped loops by Daisychain Jewellery, but the cat bead was a bit tricky to get a decent wrapped loop working. I battled on, and my sheer stubbornness won through. I showed the resulting necklace to Mr B (my harshest critic - everything I make is inspected and any slight flaws pointed out to me - grrr!) and it sort of passed, which is good enough for me. :-D



It wasn't fun to photograph, as it was tricky to get the cat, bead and bell all showing correctly. You can't see the red bead just under the cat in this picture, but I like it anyway.



The necklace destined for my Coriandr shop at some point. I really need to work on some felt stuff too, but despite having a list of ideas, I am just not feeling the felt vibe at the moment. o_O Must be a planetary alignment thing. Yeah...

Comments

  1. That's really pretty! I'm sure Mr K means well with his critiques of your work. If not, stop showing it to him! Ha!

    Ali

    ReplyDelete
  2. That necklace is really really cute!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment