A couple of recent makes

I made this handbag charm a while ago and for some reason, I've only just got round to blogging about it (and listing it in my Coriandr shop):



It has a tiny bell on the end of the chain - I still have some left, so I may need to make myself some annoyingly tinkly jewellery.

And a week or two ago, I suddenly decided I needed to try to make a beaded ring for myself. I got some lovely books on beading from my partner for the Owl Swap, and it inspired me to try beading. And here is my first attempt at a brick stitch ring:



You can't really see how pretty the beads are in this picture, but that's as close as anyone needs to be to my slightly-odd looking hands. I will be wearing the ring on my right hand, but I couldn't take a picture of myself doing that, plus I have a lovely fresh burn on my hand (where I caught it on the oven door this morning), so this really was the better option.

I have a pile of beads waiting to be used, but I'm not sure I am feeling so creative now. Maybe I need more tea....

Comments

  1. I love your handbag charm! Are they still "in fashion"? btw?

    Ali

    ReplyDelete
  2. Probably not, but I don't follow trends much any more. The fashion world seems to be taking the mickey and seeing how far it can push people at the moment. MC Hammer trousers? I really don't think so. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Can't touch this...."....LOL!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment