Mish mash Monday

I was inspired to take some photos of my 'creative space' after seeing pictures on various blogs of other people's studios etc. I always get jealous when people have neat, tidy spaces to work in, and doubly so if they have given up their day job to work from home. Anyway, I thought it might be nice to show a pic of my work space now, so I can do a 'before and after' kind of thing, albeit with several months between the before and after pics.


The desk is old - I bought it second hand several years ago. The cupboard and drawers are full of junk - in fact, the drawers on top of the desk are also not being used properly. The storage unit to the right contains beads, and yes, just next to that is my iron. Not such an inspiring area, is it? I am planning to get a new worktable - I'd like shelves too, but that would involve drilling holes, and apparently, according to the Hubster, that must be avoided at all costs. *sigh*

On the other side of the room, next to my PC is my craft storage unit - again, not being properly utilised at present. It is home to some of my favourite things though, including:

Crochet cat - not crocheted by me, sadly - I can't do circles in crochet, only straight lines.


My Superlambananas (more info here), which I *heart*, and my lonely toucan and friend (made by the fabulously talented Joojoo).



Next to them, we have a cat and mouse statue (bought in the Lake District) and my lucky cat (bought in Chinatown in Amsterdam). There are also a few packets of jasmine tea there - we'll ignore the Tomtom charger for now. ;-)



And while I was rummaging about in the storage unit, I decided to put all my felt makes in one place, to keep them tidy:


Poor Tiny Tom doesn't look too impressed with being squashed next to a womb. Well, you must keep your felt fresh. :-D

Comments

  1. I like your space. Everyone needs one of their own.

    Ali

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment