Happy Valentine's Day!

It's been a busy day in the Ballistic household. Mr B and I made cards for each other this year - Mr B was trying to be very secretive, until he had to ask me where certain craft supplies were kept. :-D

Here's the card he made for me:


That's a felt plush heart 'trapped' behind net. I am so impressed that he sewed something!

And here's the card I made for him:

Yes, it's a felt electric guitar, complete with whammy bar and polymer clay heart tuning pegs. It was *so* fiddly to make, but I am quite pleased with how it turned out. I also love the tiny heart paperclips, which were on the envelope - such a neat little trick (I am easily impressed, I guess). Find out how to make your own heart-shaped paperclips on the Craft.com blog.

After breakfast, we went shopping, and spent a happy 20 minutes or so in a lovely tea and coffee shop. Then we went to one of my favourite shops, a new age (or as I call it, 'twinkly') shop. I was looking for some incense to cleanse my crystals with, and spent a while looking at some rather lovely (but expensive) quartz crystals. As I was paying for my purchases, I noticed some lovely wooden hearts near the till, and had to have one. So, mr B bought me one for V day (I bought him a little pressie too - a small buddha statue) - here it is:



The wood is beautifully smooth, and it smells of incense from the shop. Gorgeous.

When we got home, I was packed off out of the way while mr B cooked lunch for us. So we had a roast dinner and pud, with rose cava. Mr B couldn't be bothered to find the other glasses, so we had big whacking wine glasses instead. *hic*







I may need a little nap now, so before I doze off, I want to wish you all Happy Valentine's Day!

Comments

Post a Comment