Buttons and birthday cards

I seem to have a thing for trying to make polymer clay buttons. I see all these beautiful buttons online and want to make some myself, either for on felt items, or on scarves etc. which I have yet to knit (and which will probably never materialise). And while I enjoy the process of making the buttons, the end result is...well, it's a bit organic. Sort of like those misshapen clay pots you used to make at school. I do like them, but I am hoping that with practise, I'll be able to make some really pretty, neat buttons as well as the 'buttons that only a mother could love' variety I seem to be churning out at the moment.





The second set are unglazed, and yes, I know one is purple, I had some leftover clay to use up.

I have (had) grand plans for these buttons - I was thinking of combining them with felt in a few projects. Then again, I am also planning to have another go at making buttons this weekend, so I'll hang fire until I see if I can improve on this lot.

I realised that I didn't post pictures of the birthday cards I made for my sisters-in-law, who both (rather selfishly) have birthdays close to mine.



The hazard of crafting in the evening - shockingly bad light for photos. The cards are made using rather pretty sparkly peeloffs.

Sadly, our lottery win this month was a grand total of 8 Euro 50, so I won't be quitting my day job any time soon and taking advantage of daylight to photograph my crafted items. Bu......ttons!

Comments

  1. Lovely buttons! Do you have an oven to fire them in?

    Ali

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous buttons, so cute - hope to chat on crafteroo some time

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just use my regular oven, Ali. I don't make so much clay stuff to warrant a separate oven (yet) although I am going to look at baking clay items in my oven in enclosed boxes/packages, to prevent any possible contamination.

    Thanks for the comments, ladies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the buttons. I want to make some now!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment