Shushing Saturday

I have been picking people's brains to get inspiration for ideas for felt characters to make. I am compiling quite a long list, helped by friends (special thanks to Kats and Joel). One of the things on the list was a librarian made from felt - and here she is:

She doesn't have a mouth, but then, her gimlet glare works better than any vocal "Shush!" ever could.

She has a natty bun:


And glasses on a chain round her neck:


I think she needs another accessory to make her look really librarian-ish though - I was thinking of a book, but a book trolley might be better. That, or a tiny date stamp, maybe.

Comments

  1. ADORABLE... oops.. *whispers* sorry..


    very cute... love the glasses.. I think a book would be best.. but a stamp would be great too..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I am thinking about making a tiny book with a felt cover. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh she's cute!
    (I hoe I didn't stare like that when I worked in a library though!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. she is loverly
    Book will look ace, perhaps a pencil in her hair too?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yes, a pencil would be great. I'd have one stuck behind her ear, but....oops, no ears. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  6. She's absolutely fantastic. I adore her.

    ReplyDelete
  7. She's cool! How big is she?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha! Big stuff in a small package. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment