Glitterbats and aubergines

I am struggling with my felty pursuits at the moment, as I can't bring myself to make anything remotely Christmassy. Yes, I know I should be prepared and start making stuff, but it's September. Sep-tember. Christmas is still months away. I have been jotting down some ideas, and I have some beady makes on my list which will be going in the shop, but which aren't overly festive. Anyway, I did have a go at something for Halloween - a disco glitter bat brooch. Yes, really:

I haven't put him in the shop yet, as I made the mistake of forgetting to stitch the brooch back on, so it's been glued. And I'm worried it won't be strong enough to hold, so I may end up keeping this one for myself. Proto-disco-glitter-bat-brooch. Yeah, I'll work on the name. :-)
Next up is a felt aubergine, whose name escapes me at the moment....

I will take a better photo of him for the shop.
And here's Ms Strawb, who was a commission and who has already gone to live in Paris with her new owner:

Comments