Starfish Enterprise

Dawanda has a monthly colour theme and August is Orange, so I was trying to think of something orange to make. I don't have any orange beads (well, I have some carnelian beads but they're mine, all mine) so I turned my thoughts to felt. And somehow came up with the idea to make a starfish.
So, first there was Leonard (possibly named after Leonard Rossiter, who popped up in a Pink Panther film we caught a glimpse of yesterday afternoon).

Leonard was created while I was chatting to a friend via MSN, and as a result, his stitching is a little uneven, and he has a rather portly figure. Leonard will, therefore, be accompanying me to work, as my new office is very grey, and he'll brighten the place up.
So this morning I set about making Pamela. And, as I was concentrating a bit more, she turned out rather well:

She is much more slender than Leonard (she obviously watches what she eats) and her stitching is more obvious, but we're calling that a decorative detail. So, Pamela is now for sale in my Dawanda shop, looking for a home with anyone who would like to be ever so slightly unnerved by the constant staring of a small felt starfish.

Comments