If you liked it, then you shoulda put a skull on it

Happy New Year! 2014...yay, a new number. Woop!

January 1st is traditionally the day where we all rush to announce our intentions to change or improve ourselves, or to 'mix it up a little' (yeah, I know all the lingo - I am so down with 'da kids'). I would like to break with tradition a little by announcing that I do not intend to change myself - I want to be more 'me' again.



A lot happened in 2013, including The Big Move', and now that I am back in the UK, I realise just how un-me I have become. So this year, there will be more fun, more daftness, and yes, I'm afraid, more puns. I will do my best to ensure that at least some of the puns are new, if that helps at all? If not, I am planning to make more chocolate truffles, so I could always post some to you all in recompense.

So yes...the blog title. I finally got round to photographing some pieces of jewellery which I made ages ago. And by ages, I mean almost 6 months ago. That's...well, it's a disgrace, frankly. The earrings were featured in this blog post, for goodness sake: http://kittyballistic.blogspot.co.uk/2013/07/pack-all-things.html

Anyway, the sun was shining so I made good use of our newly-tidied conservatory (I know, we have a conservatory now!) to take some photos. So the first of the earrings to be listed in my shop are these delights:


I'm not really sure what possessed me to pair quite eerily detailed brass skulls with fairground-esque striped glass beads. I do like them, I think they work, but they're definitely...'quirky' (although thankfully, they fall short of being 'whimsical', because ugh, that word). 

I think even the earrings themselves are a bit concerned...


"Are these meant to be hot air balloons? Are we steampunk?"
"Well, I know I'm not steampunk, thankyouverymuch. Maybe it's a Christmas thing?"
"Are skulls festive? I don't feel festive. I feel bloated."
"It's that time of year, I'm exactly the same. I couldn't look at another mince pie."
"That's because we're skulls. We don't have optic nerves."
"Or vocal chords. So we can't actually speak."
"......................"
"She didn't think this one through, did she?"
"Nope. Not one bit. Shame, really."


The sad thing is, I've not even had a drink. :-) 

Anyway, as a special New Year's treat, I will leave you with a choice of earworms. You can either have the leotardinous (well then, it should be a real word) Beyonce's song which was cruelly mashed and diced to make the title of this blog post, or you can have a Gloria Gaynor anthem. Beyonce's video has fantastic dance moves, but Gloria's has a disco beat and massively unimpressed women loitering on a staircase. Plus, it's Gloria. And the lyrics are perhaps more suited to the start of a new year.

Comments