A walk in Woolston and some photos

We had planned to go for a walk on Saturday morning last weekend, but the weather was downright miserable. It stayed gloomyish until after lunch, when I just decided that we might as well go out while there was marginally more blue sky than grey. We had planned to visit the Woolston Eyes nature reserve which is not far from where we live, but due to, um, technical difficulties, we ended up walking alongside the canal. OK, so we found the footbridge we thought we needed to cross, but the 'WARNING: HAZARD' sign was not exactly welcoming. Anyway, we had a nice enough walk, testing out our walking boots for waterproofness (they passed) and meeting several friendly (and soggy) dogs. So, here are some photos from our walk.


This goose was really not impressed at being told that we didn't have any food for it. I did feel guilty as both it and its friend were frantically paddling against the current to hopefully gaze up at us in case we fancied lobbing some bread at them. I fear I have made an enemy. o_0

That's me, on the left. Look how tall I am! Watch out, downtown Tokyo. But also: the light was lovely, and made everything look quite autumnal. It *is* January though. 

Just in the distance, to the left, is where I think we were supposed to be. Oh, well. 

Arty shot of a teasel head. Note the ominous looking sky in the background. 

This is clearly wrong. Dude, it's the middle of the afternoon. I am quite pleased with how much detail you can see in this pic, considering I took it with a compact camera. It does have quite a zoomy zoom though - stop me if I get too technical. :p

If we're getting picky, then this isn't technically that good a shot. However, a) I love the sky, b) I happen to like lens flare, actually, and c) the plant looks like it's fist-pumping the air. "Onwards...to VICTORY!"

I just love the sky in this one. Purty. 

The Husbinator also took some amazing photos but he doesn't have a blog, or, apparently the time and/or motivation to upload them onto the PC and get them shared. So you'll have to take my word for it.

We are going to go try out a camera club meeting on Monday, so hopefully that will motivate us to get out more with our cameras. 

Comments

  1. I love it when you can see the Moon in the middle of the day. So your making the transition from Holland back to England well? Must still feel a bit strange to you. Hope the new job is treating you well.

    Ali

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOOOO you have a very awesome bloggy blog of blogness! Goosey stalkers and identity crisis chatty skulls? How is that anything but epic?! Glad to have found you via 'Grow Your Blog'. Best wishes- Shroo:)x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I'm one of the Grow Your Blog Party volunteers. Please remember to write your party post!=)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi ya, I'm following you with Bloglovin, I love the photos
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  5. Me encantan las fotos. Mi hija es aficionada a la fotografĂ­a y le gustaron mucho tus fotos.
    Saludos desde Chile
    Maru
    http://lulurulitos.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment