Pack ALL the things!

So, we're moving house in a month or maybe two (at the most). It's one of the most stressful things you can do, apparently. And today, I am feeling some of that stress, as I attempted to tidy up my craft room and pack away some of my stash. I started attempting to tidy up a while ago, but there has been a lot of to-ing and fro-ing of things, as I try to figure out what I'll feel like doing in the next few weeks. See, even though *all* we have to do is find a new house in the UK, prepare our current house for tenants, find ourselves jobs, and move us, our stuff (I'm pretty sure we have 50 boxes already, and we still have two 5-shelf bookcases to pack) and two cats, I know I will feel the need to do something creative to relax while we hurtle full-speed into Moving Chaos. Today I decided that I would work on tidying/away my bead stash, or at least getting it to a manageable mess, so if I feel the need to make some jewellery, I can do it relatively easily. So I worked for most of the day on organising supplies, sorting through stuff, and now some stash is neatly stacked on my desk, while the rest has been packed away. Of course, as I was packing stuff away I found things I *needed* to use right away, so there was a short pause for an earring frenzy.


Yes, those are bat earrings with discoball-esque beads.


I forgot about these until I'd taken the photo, but they're quite big and would've hogged all the attention in the first photo:

These galaxy rings are a bit of a cheat, as I started making these yesterday, although to be fair, I was sorting out my glass dome jewellery supplies and that triggered me to make 'just a few more' before packing everything away.



And now, all that is left to do (today) is to clear all the stuff off the sofabed in the spare room, so I can put my feet up this evening with a large mug of tea and Animal Crossing: New Leaf. Move - what move?!



Comments

  1. Where on earth do you get your energy? Good luck with the move!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no idea, Tina. I am sure we'll get back to the UK and I'll slump in a heap on the floor and not be able to do anything until March. :-D

      Delete

Post a Comment