Well, it's about time!

Before I got completey distracted by shiny, glittery things, I used to make felt characters, and while I was trying to sort out the Craftarium as part of The Big Cleanup, I decided that I wanted to make something new. Well, newish. Fortunately, I still had a few pieces of felt in my stash *ahem*:


Felt Mountain: probably not the newest ride at Alton Towers.

So I sorted through the colours and decided to revisit an old favourite. I've made a couple of felt aubergines (one here and one here)  in the past, and I wanted something simple to get myself back into stitching again. And aubergines are a pretty easy shape to sew. And draw. And cook. As I was drawing and cutting pieces of felt, the smell of veggie moussaka was wafting up the stairs. Thanks, Husbinator! 


Heh, chalk outlines from a crime scene. Although obviously no actual crimes took place. o_0

Even though the characters I make are not suitable for children, I still use safety eyes. I checked I had some in my stash before getting all involved in sewing. Luckily, I had plenty - regular plain black eyes and...

Zombie eyes! One look at you and I can't disguise, I've got zombie eyes. Awww, Dirty Dancing moment. *sigh*

So I was good to go. I cut out the felt pieces, got my needle and thread and settled down to watch old episodes of 'Charmed'. (What? I can't keep watching Buffy, I'm halfway through the last series and I am trying to make it last.) Anyway, I am relatively pleased with the finished article, at least to get me back into the swing of stitching felt stuff again. 

No, Tiny Felt Tom Jones is not in the photo to show scale. He knows EVERYONE, so why wouldn
t he hang out with a zombie felt aubergine, whose name may (or may not) be Aaron? 



Comments